Why use a Realtor®?
Everyone knows that the #1 rule of Real Estate is LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! There is another equally important rule in helping you sell your property and Rule #2 is…
EXPOSURE, EXPOSURE, EXPOSURE!
If you think that sounds simple, you are correct! When you get ready to list your property for sale or purchase a home, make sure that the real estate company you choose is part of the MLS (Multiple Listing Service). Ask your agent some quick questions.
- Are you a REALTOR®?
- Do you use a Competitive Market Analysis to price property for this current market?
- Will my home be in the MLS?
- Will my home be visible on REALTOR.com - the #1 Real Estate website in the nation?
- Do you schedule a REALTOR’S® Open House so all agents from other offices can preview my property?
- Where will my property be advertised?
If they can’t find it they won’t buy it!
Once your property is listed for sale, go to www.realtor.com and take a look at your property. Make sure that the company you choose will send you copies of all advertisements in connection with your property. Be sure your agent provides immediate feedback after every showing.
Needless to say, Don Kingsley Real Estate is classified as a REALTOR® and does provide all of the above and much more.
THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® explains it this way:
All real estate licensees are not the same. Only real estate licensees who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® are properly called REALTORS®. They proudly display the REALTOR "®" logo on the business card or other marketing and sales literature. REALTORS® are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly. REALTORS® subscribe to a strict code of ethics and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate. An independent survey reports that 84% of homebuyers would use the same REALTOR® again.
Real estate transactions involve one of the biggest financial investments most people experience in their lifetime. Transactions today usually exceed $100,000. If you had a $100,000 income tax problem, would you attempt to deal with it without the help of a CPA? If you had a $100,000 legal question, would you deal with it without the help of an attorney? Considering the small upside cost and the large downside risk, it would be foolish to consider a deal in real estate without the professional assistance of a REALTOR®.
If you're still not convinced of the value of a REALTOR®, here are a dozen more reasons to use one. Your REALTOR® can:
- Help you determine your buying power.
- Provide you with many resources to assist you in your home search.
- Assist you in the selection process by providing objective information about each property.
- Help you negotiate.
- Provide due diligence during the evaluation of the property.
- Help you in understanding different financing options and in identifying qualified lenders.
- Guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.
- Give you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace and the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties.
- Market your property to other real estate agents and the public. The REALTOR® Code of Ethics requires REALTORS® to utilize these cooperative relationships when they benefit their clients.
- Make the proper decision as to when, where and how to advertise your property.
- Help you objectively evaluate every buyer's proposal without compromising your marketing position.
- Help close the sale of your home.